WILL CHECK, REGISTRATION AND STORAGE
Once you have signed your completed will and had it properly witnessed, you
should ensure that the original is kept in a safe place. Only the original will
is accepted by the Supreme Court when an application is made for Probate. If the
original is lost, there are likely to be delays in distributing your estate to
your beneficiaries. Worse still, without an original will your assets may not be
distributed the way you intended, and your children may not be cared for in the
way you want.
In most cases, people choose to store their original documents in
safe-keeping with their solicitor or a will registry.
Australian Public Will Register
The steps to have your will registered and safely stored are very
- Complete Application Form which can be either emailed or posted to you.
- Make a photo copy of the completed Application Form and your completed,
signed Will. Keep these copies in a safe place for future reference.
- Send your ORIGINAL signed Will plus the ORIGINAL Application Form to the
Australian Public Will Register c/o AussieLegal.
- You will receive a letter confirming the safe storage of your original
will. The confirming letter will contain a Reference Number.
- IMPORTANT: A copy of the confirming letter containing the Reference Number
should be given to EACH EXECUTOR and kept in a safe place for possible future
Retrieval of your Will by you or your Executors
- You, as the Testator, or your Executors, may retrieve your Will at any
time by writing to us and providing the following information:
- The Reference Number provided in the confirming letter or email; plus
- Certified photocopy of the photo page of your passport; or
- Certified photocopy of your driverís licence; or
- Statutory Declaration witnessed by an authorized person confirming your
- The Original Will and any accompanying documents will be sent to the
applicant by registered post.
Write Your Own Legal Will $29.95
An alternative to having a solicitor prepare you will is for you to write
your own legal will. Our legal kit includes easy to follow steps and 3 complete
examples to follow. Click on the link below for more information.
Will Check, Registration and
After you have completed and signed your will, it is recommended that the
original document be checked, registered and stored in a safe place. Once your will is
registered with the Australian Public Will Register, your relatives and or
your executor can search for and retrieve the document from safe-keeping after
your death. Registering your will and securely storing the original document can
ensure that your estate is handled quickly and efficiently. Click on the link
above for more information.
Write Your Own Legal Will Plus (includes Will Check, Registration & Storage)
Save money with the 'Plus' package which includes the Write Your Own Legal
Will kit AND the check, registration and storage service. Click on the link
above for more information.